A very sad incident has happened in a hospital where twin babies were reportedly burnt to death in a fatal fire incident.
A pair of five-day old twins were burnt to death in an open cradle at Harare Central Hospital last week.
The hospital says it is still carrying out investigations since last week it happened, but negligence is suspected.
The twins were reportedly placed in an isolation ward as they were recovering from jaundice.
They were placed in an open cradle and a beam of light was used to provide heating.
However, something malfunctioned and the babies were dehydrated and burnt to death.
Their mother, Belinda Balalika found the babies dead when she went to breastfeed them at midnight. A source who spoke to The Standard said,
Something malfunctioned and the babies were burnt to death, but what is saddening is the fact that the staff did not check on the babies on time, Harare Central Hospital CEO Nyasha Masuka added,“We will be able to give details on Monday when all the investigations have been completed.”
STAY UPDATED WITH infinityprods.blogspot.com
Contact: Infinity Productions
FOR YOUR ONLINE
Videos/ Event promotions
COMMENT and SHARE
Post a Comment