Ebola Outbreak: 19 People Confirmed Dead As Cases Increase
As many as nineteen persons have been confirmed dead as huge increases in Ebola diseases cases are recorded.
Outbreak: A health worker pictured after the ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo
According to a report by the Daily Star UK, the number of fatal Ebola victims and people suspected of having the disease since April is much higher than first thought, officials have confirmed.
Democratic Republic of Congo reported 39 supected, probable or confirmed cases of the disease since April 4.
There have also been 19 deaths, World Health Organization said.
It marks a rise from the 32 suspected and 18 confirmed dead last week.
The organisation added that 393 people who identified as contacts of patients were being followed up.
The outbreak does not meet the criteria for declaring a "public health event of international concern".
Such a declaration would warrant an emergency WHO committee.
But last week Daily Star Online revealed that WHO were preparing for the "worst case scenario".
Peter Salama, deputy director-general of WHO's emergency preparedness and response, said: "The number of suspected, probable and confirmed cases is significant, so we are very concerned, and we are planning for all scenarios, including the worst-case scenario."
It marks the ninth time Ebola has been recorded in the country.
The health ministry said: "Our country is facing another epidemic of the Ebola virus, which constitutes an international public health emergency.
"We still dispose of the well-trained human resources that were able to rapidly control previous epidemics."
The nation is prone to Ebola outbreaks due to its close proximity to the Congo River.
The disease is most feared for the internal and external bleeding it causes victims after blood vessel damage.
So far it has spread to three locations covering around 37 miles.
It comes after two British tourists who were held hostage in DRC were released.
Bethan Davies and Robert Jesty were named as the two kidnapped at gunpoint after a trip to a gorilla sanctuary, but it is not yet clear how the situation was resolved.
Korean day and night window blind Korean Blind, also known as Combi Blind or Rainbow Blind, performs the dual function of being a day blind as well as a night blind ₦9000 per square meter (non-negotiable). Lagos,Nigeria. Call : 08150990854 WhatsApp : 08120977476 Facebook Twitter Email WhatsApp STAY UPDATED WITH infinityprods.blogspot.com Contact: Infinity Productions Call/whatsapp: +2348178672673 FOR YOUR Event promotions Advert Placements /Marketing/Publicity COMMENT and SHARE
The Arewa Consultative Forum has disclaimed a report which described Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. former President Olusegun Obasanjo The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has dissociated itself from a statement attributed to its secretary-general, Anthony Sani, who reportedly described a former President Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. Sani was said to have made the comment while speaking with newsmen recently ACF in a statement by its national publicity secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim Biu said it is not in its character to attack elder statemen. The forum said attacking the views of an elder statesman of Chief Obasanjo’s status on national issues in such an uncomplimentary manner is uncalled for. Chief Obasanjo as an elder statesman is entitled to his opinion on all issues including democracy, as he had previously endorsed presidential candidates. “For the avoidance of doubt, all ACF official statements on any matter comes thro
Chilean forward, Alex Sanchez is set to be shown the exit door at the Old Trafford following a litany of poor performances. Alexis Sanchez The Red Devils believe he could serve as a replacement for Neymar or Kylian Mbappe Manchester United have discussed plans to offload Alexis Sanchez to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, according to the Sun. Sanchez had been linked to PSG last winter and has failed to live up to expectations at Old Trafford, with his position in the team coming under threat. With massive wages, United are considering moving on from Sanchez and they believe PSG will be interested, should the Ligue 1 champions lose either Neymar or Kylian Mbappe, as expected. Is Roberto Martinez the new favourtie to take over the Real Madrid coaching post ahead of Antonio Conte? The Daily Mail claims that key figures in the Madrid dressing room did not want Conte as manager. The move for Martinez won't be an easy one, as he had