Heartbreaking: Man Loses N50 Million As Fire Outbreak Sacks Abakaliki Rice Mill (Photos)
A fire outbreak has sacked the Abakaliki rice mill, leaving one man with an unbelievable N50 million loss.
The rice mill was sacked by fire
According to a Premium Times report, a fire outbreak last night, at the Abakaliki Rice Mill Company premises, located at Onuebonyi, Ebonyi State, has destroyed machinery and rice products.
The fire, which also affected one shop, was however put out by the Ebonyi State fire service before it could cause further havoc.
Though the exact cause of the fire outbreak was yet to be ascertained, some residents of the area said that the fire incident may have been caused by power surge.
They described the damage caused by the unfortunate incident as devastating.
The chairman of the Abakaliki Rice Mill Ltd, Joseph Ununu, confirmed the incident.
He said that the fire started at about 9 p.m. on Thursday night which attracted the attention of the leadership of the mill who were still in the office when the inferno started.
“I immediately contacted Ebonyi State fire service who rushed to the place and was able to put off the fire,” he said.
He noted that some of the valuables salvaged were as a result of his quick intervention and prompt response of the fire fighters.
The chairman who described the fire incident as mysterious said that the fire started from the rear of the building and took over the whole structure before it was noticed by the security men on duty who then quickly alerted the authorities.
“When I visited the scene, I saw about 5-black stone Rice Milling machines, bags of par boiled rice and the whole roof and interior of the building completely razed.”
The owner of the shop located at 13 A Line, Moses Oboh, lamented the ordeal and called on the government to come to his aid.
He said he may not survive the shock and the trauma of losing up to an estimated N50 million at once.
Korean day and night window blind Korean Blind, also known as Combi Blind or Rainbow Blind, performs the dual function of being a day blind as well as a night blind ₦9000 per square meter (non-negotiable). Lagos,Nigeria. Call : 08150990854 WhatsApp : 08120977476 Facebook Twitter Email WhatsApp STAY UPDATED WITH infinityprods.blogspot.com Contact: Infinity Productions Call/whatsapp: +2348178672673 FOR YOUR Event promotions Advert Placements /Marketing/Publicity COMMENT and SHARE
The Arewa Consultative Forum has disclaimed a report which described Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. former President Olusegun Obasanjo The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has dissociated itself from a statement attributed to its secretary-general, Anthony Sani, who reportedly described a former President Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. Sani was said to have made the comment while speaking with newsmen recently ACF in a statement by its national publicity secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim Biu said it is not in its character to attack elder statemen. The forum said attacking the views of an elder statesman of Chief Obasanjo’s status on national issues in such an uncomplimentary manner is uncalled for. Chief Obasanjo as an elder statesman is entitled to his opinion on all issues including democracy, as he had previously endorsed presidential candidates. “For the avoidance of doubt, all ACF official statements on any matter comes thro
Chilean forward, Alex Sanchez is set to be shown the exit door at the Old Trafford following a litany of poor performances. Alexis Sanchez The Red Devils believe he could serve as a replacement for Neymar or Kylian Mbappe Manchester United have discussed plans to offload Alexis Sanchez to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, according to the Sun. Sanchez had been linked to PSG last winter and has failed to live up to expectations at Old Trafford, with his position in the team coming under threat. With massive wages, United are considering moving on from Sanchez and they believe PSG will be interested, should the Ligue 1 champions lose either Neymar or Kylian Mbappe, as expected. Is Roberto Martinez the new favourtie to take over the Real Madrid coaching post ahead of Antonio Conte? The Daily Mail claims that key figures in the Madrid dressing room did not want Conte as manager. The move for Martinez won't be an easy one, as he had