Outgoing governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, has found himself in more trouble as his workers have just embarked on an indefinite strike.
File photo: NULGE during protest
According to PUNCH Newspaper, the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) in Ekiti State has declared an indefinite strike against Governor Ayodele Fayose, beginning from Friday, for alleged negligence of workers welfare and unpaid salary arrears.
The workers are aggrieved that despite their goodwill to the administration, the state government had failed to honour an agreement signed recently at the Joint Account Allocation Committee of September 4.
The umbrella body of local government workers in Ekiti also warned the state government against fresh recruitment when it had yet to clear various arrears owed workers.
Rising from an emergency meeting held on Wednesday in Ado Ekiti, the union directed all workers to embark on a strike from Friday until all contentious issues including social security, payment to Federal Inland Revenue Service and the amount for Net distributable were addressed.
It warned that it would not hesitate to deal with any member who disobeyed the directive.
In a communiqué signed by the state’s President, Olubunmi Ajimoko, and the Secretary, Suleiman Alero, NULGE expressed concerns that while scores of people were daily retiring from both the local government and teaching services, salaries had remained static with pensions increasing drastically monthly.
The communiqué read, “Against the background of this government neglecting our earlier advice on the timeliness of fresh recruitment into the services of both the local government and the teaching sector, we again wish to stress that additional burden should not be put on JAAC until our various arrears are cleared. The case of those termed “Hurriedly employed” in 2003 should serve as a lesson to all who remember history.
“In view of the insensitivity of this present administration, even at the point of winding down, when we feel that corrections of past errors should be made, it has become painfully obvious that no concrete agreement can be respected by this administration.
“The union is, therefore, calling on all its members in the 16 local governments, the related commission, Boards and Departments to proceed on an indefinite strike from Friday.
“We humbly wish to stress that this position will only be reviewed when we see a physical evidence of the political will to alleviate our members’ predicament.”
The union had earlier shelved a proposed strike in August after a meeting with representatives of the state government.
Korean day and night window blind Korean Blind, also known as Combi Blind or Rainbow Blind, performs the dual function of being a day blind as well as a night blind ₦9000 per square meter (non-negotiable). Lagos,Nigeria. Call : 08150990854 WhatsApp : 08120977476 Facebook Twitter Email WhatsApp STAY UPDATED WITH infinityprods.blogspot.com Contact: Infinity Productions Call/whatsapp: +2348178672673 FOR YOUR Event promotions Advert Placements /Marketing/Publicity COMMENT and SHARE
The Arewa Consultative Forum has disclaimed a report which described Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. former President Olusegun Obasanjo The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has dissociated itself from a statement attributed to its secretary-general, Anthony Sani, who reportedly described a former President Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking in vision. Sani was said to have made the comment while speaking with newsmen recently ACF in a statement by its national publicity secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim Biu said it is not in its character to attack elder statemen. The forum said attacking the views of an elder statesman of Chief Obasanjo’s status on national issues in such an uncomplimentary manner is uncalled for. Chief Obasanjo as an elder statesman is entitled to his opinion on all issues including democracy, as he had previously endorsed presidential candidates. “For the avoidance of doubt, all ACF official statements on any matter comes thro
Chilean forward, Alex Sanchez is set to be shown the exit door at the Old Trafford following a litany of poor performances. Alexis Sanchez The Red Devils believe he could serve as a replacement for Neymar or Kylian Mbappe Manchester United have discussed plans to offload Alexis Sanchez to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, according to the Sun. Sanchez had been linked to PSG last winter and has failed to live up to expectations at Old Trafford, with his position in the team coming under threat. With massive wages, United are considering moving on from Sanchez and they believe PSG will be interested, should the Ligue 1 champions lose either Neymar or Kylian Mbappe, as expected. Is Roberto Martinez the new favourtie to take over the Real Madrid coaching post ahead of Antonio Conte? The Daily Mail claims that key figures in the Madrid dressing room did not want Conte as manager. The move for Martinez won't be an easy one, as he had